Back in 1998 i was a Warrant Officer at Deepcut RLC Depot in Surrey. My wage at the time was just short of £40000 a year. I had many responsibilities which were.
- Fire Officer for the whole camp. Including Weekly Briefing to 300 Recruits or Civilian Staff
- For all Fire Hydrants, Fire Extinguishers on Camp.
- Fire Practice for Civilian staff of 1000.
- Security for the Camp, controlling entry to the base.
- Ration Accounting for meals for 400 members of staff, daily.
- Security duty roster for general duties around Camp.
- Interview of new personnel.
- Daily running of Medical Discharge of recruits, courses for girls and boys leaving the force through injury or compassionate reasons.
- Daily parades.
- Other stuff I can’t remember.
So you could say I had many Hats.
Funny image but true.